Wondering if you should travel to Malaysia with kids?
I’ve travelled to Malaysia many times with kids. The first time I travelled here with kids, my daughter was 1 and I was 20 weeks pregnant with my second child. Since then, I have travelled here with kids aged from 9 months old to nearly 13. Sometimes, my husband comes, sometimes he doesn’t. So it’s definitely possible to have great experiences travelling here as a single parent as well.
We also lived here when our first two kids were aged from 2 to 5 years old.
So I feel I know a lot about travelling with kids in Malaysia and it’s all been very positive.
From the fact that Malaysians generally love children and will make you feel especially welcome when you walk in with young kids to the love the kids have been shown by total strangers, it’s been the easiest place in the world that we have travelled with kids – and we’ve travelled to over 60 countries with kids!
But, of course, travelling here as a parent is just one element of exploring Malaysia with kids. What do kids think of it? What do they love? What is challenging? What would they recommend to other kids?
In this special episode, I’m not just discussing travelling in Malaysia from a parent’s perspective, but I also have some special guests – my kids! So listen to this with your own kids and lets all talk about travelling in Malaysia.
If you find this podcast helpful, the best way to encourage me to keep going is to subscribe and leave a review here. I really appreciate it!
Want some help planning your trip to Malaysia? Click here to download your free Malaysia Trip Planning checklist. We’ll help you get ready for your trip!
Have any questions? Join our Malaysia Travel Planning Facebook group here now! It’s the perfect place to ask any questions and to be inspired.
Here’s an overview of what we talked about today:
- An overview of travelling with kids in Malaysia
- Things to consider when travelling with babies and toddlers
- Things to consider when travelling with kids and tweens
- My top tips to stop complaining kids and to have a great time together
- What my kids think about travelling in Malaysia
- Their favourite experiences and top places
- What they found challenging
- What they recommend to other kids
Subscribe And Review
If you love talking about everything Malaysia travel related, you won’t want to miss them.
I would extra appreciate a review in iTunes. This helps others find my podcast and I love reading them too. This is the best way to thank me if you find my content useful. I’ll also read it out loud in a future podcast to help you.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Legoland Malaysia
- KidZania Kuala Lumpur
- Entopia Penang
- Escape Penang
- Kuala Lumpur food tour we took with our kids
- Taman Negara travel guide
- Eating in Malaysia – famous food and more
- Cameron Highlands guide
- Kuching guide
- Sandakan guide
- Best resorts in Malaysia for families
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- Things to do in Penang with kids
- Simply Enak KL food tour with kids
- All Simply Enak food tours
- Dive Into Malaysia YouTube channel
Click here to download your free Malaysia Trip Planning checklist. We’ll help you get ready for your trip!
You can ask questions about this episode (or anything else) in the Malaysia Travel Planning Facebook group at MalaysiaPlanning.com.
Next episode, I talk all about Taman Negara, the jungle heart of peninsular Malaysia. So if you want an amazing jungle experience in Malaysia, not far from Kuala Lumpur, listen to it here right now.