Starting your Malaysian adventure in Singapore? Me too! I often find flights are cheaper to Singapore and then I travel straight from Singapore airport to Johor Bahru by taxi. It’s affordable, incredibly good value and so much nicer and better than travelling on the much longer (and sweatier!) public transport between Singapore and Malaysia.
You don’t have to stop there either. We can book you a Singapore Malaysia taxi with a local operator from anywhere in Singapore to anywhere in peninsular Malaysia. We can also book the return journey from Malaysia back to anywhere in Singapore. Alternatively, book a day trip from Singapore into Malaysia for the day.
Whatever your motivation and wherever you’re going, keep reading because we can book your taxi between Singapore and Malaysia quickly and easily.
If you are booking a taxi within Malaysia instead, find our Malaysa taxi booking information here.
Why Take A Singapore Taxi To Malaysia?
✅ Quick and easy – A taxi saves so much time and stress on your holiday. You will be picked up directly at the airport or your hotel and taken to your next hotel or wherever you want.
✅ It’s so easy to cross the border as you don’t have to leave the taxi. By bus, you have to get out at both sides of the border with all your luggage to go through immigration and then wait for the next bus.
✅ You can book a taxi for an easy day trip – like to visit Legoland Malaysia
✅ You arrive at your destination fresh and ready to go instead of sweaty and stressed.
✅ You have more time to enjoy your holiday. A taxi is much faster than public transport. You can go anywhere in Malaysia within a day
Why Book A Singapore Taxi To Johor Bahru?
It’s worth noting that you can’t take just any taxi from Singapore to Malaysia or Malaysia taxi to Singapore. It has to be an especially licensed taxi or driver that can take you over borders. So while it is possible to take a Singapore taxi to JB without booking ahead, it’s not ideal as you are very limited from where you can catch these and be dropped off.
If you go to Ban San Street taxi terminal in Singapore or Larkin Bus Terminal in Johor Bahru, you can find taxis that are able to take you over borders and drop you in the other terminal. This currently has a set price of SGD$60.
However, then you still need to travel to these terminals with your luggage, wait for a driver etc. Larkin Bus Terminal is not convenient if you want to explore JB or go to Legoland either.
It is worth the extra money to book your Singapore to JB taxi if you can afford it – our Singapore Johor taxi service price is SGD$90 and this is for a nicer, more spacious car as well.
How To Book A Singapore Malaysia Taxi
- Fill in the form below. For the most common journeys, this will be confirmed as soon as you enter your requirements and pay your deposit. For others, we’ll get back to you with a price quote and you can confirm it by paying the deposit.
- Once the deposit is paid, you’ll receive your booking confirmation and your booking is locked in. This will include contact details for your local operator. They’ll also message or email you.
- The night before, you’ll receive your driver’s details from the local operator to your whatsapp number or email.
- You’ll be picked up at the time you specify at the place you specified.
- You’ll pay the driver the remainder of the price at arrival at your destination. This needs to be in cash in either Singapore Dollars or Malaysian Ringgit.
- There’ll be no nasty surprises. Everything will go to plan with no price increases or hassle.
For the Singapore to Johor Bahru route (and return), you only need to book two days ahead. For other routes, it is currently five days.
If you need to make any changes, simply contact the local operator via email or whatsapp using the details in your booking confirmation. Changes are usually possible up until 4pm the day before.
If you need to cancel, please notify your local operator immediately. Deposits are non-refundable, but you can use your deposit towards a different service if you book it via this page and let us know in the comments.
All deposit payments are in Malaysian Ringgit via a credit or debit card, but you can pay the remainder in either Malaysian Ringgit or Singapore dollars in cash. The exchange rate used for deposits is SG$1 = RM3. The amount owing will be clearly stated in your booking confirmation.
Our prices are very competitive.
Sample Singapore To Malaysia Taxi Fares
You can find out the exact cost for your route by filling in the form above.
Some examples in Singapore dollars are:
- Singapore to Johor Bahru – $90 for the Toyota Innova, $130 for a bigger car
- Singapore to Desaru – $160 for the Toyota Innova, $200 for a bigger car
- Singapore to Mersing – $210 for the Toyota Innova, $260 for a bigger car
- Singapore to Melaka – $250 for the Toyota Innova, $290 for a bigger car
- Singapore to Kuala Lumpur – $340 for the Toyota Innova, $370 for a bigger car
- Singapore to Penang – $600 for the Toyota Innova, $650 for a bigger car
- Day trip into Malaysia from Singapore or from Johor Bahru to Singapore – starting from $275 for 8 hours
The journey in reverse is the same price.
Booking Your Singapore Malaysia Taxi Online (And Price Quote)
Simply fill in the form below with your needs.
If you need to book more than one taxi, you should fill in the form for each trip, and you will need to pay the deposit for each journey.
You can find out more information about the types of taxis you can book/their size and some sample prices below as well as information about car seats.
If you want to book a day trip, please fill in Singapore as both your to and from destinations and write in the comments how many hours you need.
There are three sizes of taxi available. Which one you should pick depends on how much luggage you have and how many passengers.
|Toyota Innova||5||1 big suitcase, 3 hand luggage|
|Toyota Alphard||6||2 big suitcase, 4 hand luggage|
|Hyundai Starex||7||2 big suitcases, 4 hand luggage|
Child Car Seats
We can arrange a car seat to be supplied for you for an extra SGD$10. It’s not necessary to use a car seat and, if you want one, it’s better to bring your own seats from home so it’ll definitely be appropriate for your child.
I hope this guide has helped you book a comfortable and reliable taxi to Malaysia from Singapore and return.
If you are looking for a long-distance taxi within Malaysia, find that booking service here.